You are here
History Smashers: The Underground Railroad (Library Binding)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the History Smashers series.
- #1: History Smashers: The Mayflower (Library Binding): $12.99
- #2: History Smashers: Women's Right to Vote (Library Binding): $12.99
- #3: History Smashers: Pearl Harbor (Library Binding): $12.99
- #4: History Smashers: The Titanic (Library Binding): $12.99
- #5: History Smashers: The American Revolution (Library Binding): $12.99
- #6: History Smashers: Plagues and Pandemics (Library Binding): $12.99
- #8: History Smashers: Christopher Columbus and the Taino People (Paperback): $8.99
Myths! Lies! Secrets! Uncover the hidden truth about the Underground Railroad and Black Americans' struggle for freedom. Perfect for fans of I Survived! and Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales.
Before the Civil War, there was a crack team of abolitionists who used quilts and signal lanterns to guide enslaved people to freedom. RIGHT? WRONG! The truth is, the Underground Railroad wasn't very organized, and most freedom seekers were on their own.
With a mix of sidebars, illustrations, photos, and graphic panels, acclaimed author Kate Messner and coauthor and Brown Bookshelf contributor Gwendolyn Hooks deliver the whole truth about the Underground Railroad.
Discover the nonfiction series that smashes everything you thought you knew about history!
About the Author
KATE MESSNER is passionately curious and writes books that encourage kids to wonder, too. Her titles include award-winning picture books, like Over and Under the Snow; novels, like Breakout and Chirp; the Fergus and Zeke easy reader series, and the popular Ranger in Time chapter books, and works of nonfiction with a focus on nature and history.
GWENDOLYN HOOKS is a contributor to the Brown Bookshelf and author of twenty books for children. She writes both fiction and nonfiction to encourage children to explore their world. She lives in Oklahoma City. Find out more at gwendolynhooks.com.