You are here
Run: Races and Trails Around the World (Hardcover)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Grab your trainers and get ready to run around the world!
Take a loop around stunning Lake Bled, jog along a section of China’s famous Great Wall or tackle the historic Boston Marathon: Run celebrates 100 of the world’s most amazing races and routes.
Featuring a mix of iconic races and epic ultras, off-the-beaten-path trails and welcoming park runs, it’s the ultimate inspiration for adventuring on two feet, whether you’re a marathon devotee, hardcore trail runner or gentle jogger.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your running shoes and get going as you discover:
- Three types of running holidays: to attend a training camp, to attend a specific event and to explore a new destination by running through it.
- A carefully curated list of 100 of the best runs in the world, chosen by sports journalists and travel experts.
- A variety of distances: 5ks for those getting started, through to 10ks, half-marathons, marathons and more
- A mix of organized, registration-only races and do-it-yourself runs that might inspire a future holiday.
- Runs are mapped and include total distance, terrain and elevation profiles.
- Each chapter covers a different continent with runs arranged within each chapter geographically.
- Features top tips on preparing for a running holiday.
Compiled by a team of sports journalists and keen runners, this book is packed with ideas for your next run. Further featuring top tips for getting the most out of each run – including viewpoints en route, how to make the run shorter/longer depending on your fitness level or how much time you have, and how to tackle an organized race course out of season.
Packed full of awe-inspiring images and compelling descriptions of each route that will have you itching to lace up your trainers, while handy maps, elevation profiles and practical information – including things like distance and terrain – will help you plan the nitty gritty of your trip.
We’ve also included the best places to explore while you’re there – whether that’s epic viewpoints or post-workout lunch spots – as well as suggestions for alternative ways to tackle a route.
A must-have running guide for active runners, whether you’re keen to “tick-off” famous races, including marathons and quirky competitions, seeking your next challenge or simply looking for inspiration.