You are here
Birnbaum's 2020 Walt Disney World: The Official Vacation Guide (Birnbaum Guides) (Paperback)
Email or call for price.
Email or call for price.
As Walt Disney World continues to grow and evolve, trust Birnbaum as your 2020-2021 guide for:
- insider tips on how to see and do it all
- detailed descriptions of all attractions, resorts, and eateries
- money-saving strategies
- Harness the Force in a dazzling new land: Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
- Toy Story Land, a cheery play zone, bearing a happy resemblance to Andy's backyard, continues to wow visitors with the bouncy new coaster called Slinky Dog Dash, the dizzying Alien Swirling Saucers ride, and the ever-popular Toy Story Mania!
- Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway, a new journey through the wild and wacky cartoon world, aims to please riders of all ages.
- Lightning Queen's Academy is just one of the new shows to recently debut.
- The upcoming Ratatouille-themed attraction is expected it to open in Epcot's France pavilion, and Birnbaum has the latest scoop!
- Plan a Walt Disney World vacation that's right for you, including deciding when to go
- Stretch your dollar with money-saving tips and great value resorts like the Art of Animation and Pop Century
- Use coupons worth up to 20 percent off Disney dining, shopping, behind-the-scenes tours and adventures, and recreational pursuits
- Cut the time spent in line by using Disney's FastPass+
- Enter the parks before the crowds arrive, or stay for hours after closing time, with Extra Magic Hours
- Get a handle on maximizing the services of the handy accessory known as the MagicBand
- Choose (and book) a Disney dining experience with our extensive restaurant coverage
- Understand the Disney Dining Plan program
- Reserve a breakfast with Mickey Mouse and his Disney pals
- Meet Anna and Elsa (and visit Arendelle) at Epcot's Frozen Ever After attraction
- Enjoy Disney Springs, a vibrant dining, shopping, and entertainment district
- Sign up for behind-the-scenes tours
- Detect dozens of Hidden Mickeys throughout the theme parks
- Soar on the back of a mountain banshee at Animal Kingdom's thrilling attraction: Avatar Flight of Passage
- Plan the ultimate "land and sea" vacation with our Disney Cruise Line bonus chapter
- Birnbaum's 2020 Walt Disney World for Kids
- The Hidden Mickeys of Walt Disney World
About the Author
When Steve Birnbaum launched this guide in 1981, he made it clear what was expected of anyone who worked on it: The book would be meticulously revised each year, leaving no attraction untested, no snack or meal untasted, no hotel untried. First-hand experiences like these, accumulated over the years, make this book the most authoritative guide to the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts.
Our expertise, however, is not achieved by being escorted through back doors of attractions (although we would enjoy that). Instead, we wait in lines with everyone else, always hoping to have a Disney experience like that of any other guest.
While Walt Disney World has vastly expanded, and so has our knowledge of the most popular vacation destinations on the planet. On some occasions we've encountered sweltering weather and swelling crowds, times when even the happiest of travelers can turn into Grumpy for a moment or two. Had we known then what we know now, we could have spared ourselves some trying experiences.
In one case, a staffer waited more than an hour to get on an attraction. Standing in line with a notebook, she was asked by another guest if there was a quiz at the end. When she explained what she was doing, he expressed surprise to learn that she was waiting with the masses. But that's always been our strategy.
We believe the best way to gather useful advice for a Disney park guest is to be one. Over and over again!
—Jill Safro, editor
"The Official Guide is also the best."—The New York Times
One of "10 Gift Ideas Theme Park Fans Will Love . . . While giving a Disney vacation is a gift out of most people's price ranges, you still can help loved ones plan for their next theme park vacation. The best Disney guidebooks are from Birnbaum's, and [release] ahead of the New Year. . . . The guidebooks offer everything from tips on how to maximize your park experiences to restaurant reviews."—International Business Times
One of "10 things I learned from our Disney vacation: If you plan to go, plan ahead. The average American wedding takes 8-12 months to prepare. That's a reasonable baseline for researching, booking, and preparing for a Disney trip, in my limited experience. And take advantage of the information that's available. . . . Birnbaum's Walt Disney World guidebook filled in a lot of other gaps."—NPR
One of "19 great coffee table books for Disney fans"—<em>Business Insider</em>