You are here
Moon Virginia & Maryland: Including Washington DC (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
From museums and monuments to sleepy mountain towns and beaches, history comes to life with Moon Virginia & Maryland. Inside you'll find:
- Strategic, flexible itineraries, including a two-week tour of the best of both states and a week on the eastern shore, with ideas for road-trippers, history buffs, claw-cracking crab lovers, and more
- Can't miss experiences and unique activities: Peep the changing leaves on Skyline Drive, raft down the Shenandoah River, hike a segment of the Appalachian Trail, or relax on the beach of the quaint (and car-free!) Tangier Island. Wander through world-class museums and marvel at the impressive monuments in Washington DC. Feast on oysters and beer in a historic tavern, hit the trendy eateries in Baltimore, or kick back at a crab shack for a taste of Maryland's famous blue crab
- Ways to immerse yourself in history: Step back in time at Revolutionary and Civil War battlefields, experience colonial life in Williamsburg, or tour the homes of former presidents like Jefferson and Washington
- Local insight from native Virginian Michaela Riva Gaaserud on when to go, where to stay, and how to get around
- Full-color, vibrant photos and detailed maps throughout
- Thorough background on the landscape, wildlife, climate, and local culture, plus advice for families, seniors, and international visitors
Hitting the road? Try Moon Drive & Hike Appalachian Trail. Staying in the city? Check out Moon Washington DC.
About the Author
Michaela Riva Gaaserud is a native Virginian and longtime resident of the Washington DC area. Some of her earliest memories are of playing travel guide to visiting relatives as they went to the museums and monuments in Washington DC. Inspired by the enthusiasm she witnessed from first-timers to the city, Michaela began looking for hidden secrets to share with her audience. A particularly inspiring school field trip to the underground depths of the Lincoln Memorial sealed her love for discovering and sharing the marvels of her own backyard.
Michaela has published travel guides on various aspects of the Washington DC region, and her articles have appeared in newspapers, magazines, and international publications such as Canoe & Kayak Magazine and Paddler Magazine. She is also a founding partner at Rainmaker Publishing and an executive producer at Eddyline Media.