You are here
Spring in Siberia (Kobo eBook)
- AN URGENT READ FOR AMERICA: For anyone who understands how easy it is to destroy democracy by taking it for granted, Spring in Siberia provides a timely and terrifying insight into what living under an autocracy actually means
- GET OUT – OF RUSSIA: In this young, gay Siberian's lifetime, Russia has gone from Soviet regime, through a kind of democracy, to a new, frightening dictatorship with its brutal war with Ukraine. Spring in Siberia, the debut novel of Artem Mozgovoy, offers a unique perspective on Putin's land through the watchful eyes of one of her citizens.
- DEBUT AUTHOR WITH AN ESTABLISHED JOURNALISM TRACK: As Artem says himself, "I'm a 'secretary of the invisible' —a novelist, a poet, a phonograph stylus turned upwards."
- MOTHER AND SON vs THE REGIME: a story of a resilient mother, her over-sensitive son, the son’s boyfriend – and a system which all three are compelled to defy
- A NEW VOICE IN QUEER LITERATURE: Growing up gay and alienated in Russia's most hostile land, the teenage protagonist lays bare a world of secret hope and desire embattled by unspeakable public cruelty. Mo
- TRAVEL IN SPACE, TIME, and EMOTION: Full of the poetry of extreme landscape, of a struggle for love and acceptance against the odds
- A FASCINATING FAMILY SAGA: The story of the Morozovs' family at a dramatic turn in Russian history, Spring in Siberia from the award-winning writer Artem Mozgovoy makes a fascinating and empowering read